Monday 23rd May
On Monday Penrith & District Farmers’ Mart LLP presented 20 pedigree Dairy Shorthorn cattle, comprising of the annual draft of heifers from the Weardale based New Park herd and Shap based Waters herd.
Demand was better than expected but prices were down on last year’s extreme levels. Topping the sale at 920gns was the smart in milk heifer New Park Margaret 28th, a daughter of Brafell Royal Pad, purchased by J W Coulthard & Son, Brisco Hill. The overall average was £822.15.
Other Leading Prices
- 900gns New Park Margaret 25th to M Tidmarsh, High Peak
- 885gns New Park Dairymaid 75th to J W Coulthard & Son, Brisco Hill
- 830gns New Park Toggathorpe 8th to G Beckwith, Brough
- 790gns New Park Barbara 5th to G Beckwith, Brough
- 755gns Park House Pansy 2nd to M/s Hewson, Parton
- 750gns Waers Peeres Rose 5th to T Moscrop, Ryeclose
- 750gns New Park Dairymaid 77 to H Bouch, Carlisle